Not Sure When the Right Time is to See a Chiropractor?
Everyone experiences pain or stiffness sometimes, whether it’s a sore lower back, a stiff neck, or migraines. Sometimes these aches and pains go away on their own, but if they continue or worsen, it becomes necessary to see a specialist. This is where chiropractic care comes in. While most people think of back and neck pain as the main signals that it’s time to schedule a visit, your chiropractor can help in many other areas as well. Here are some other signs that it’s time to see your chiropractor:
- Chronic Muscle or Joint Pain
- Your sore hamstrings or aching knees may actually be due to an imbalance or misalignment in your spine. Adjustment can often help relieve this pain without resorting to prescription painkillers or surgery.
- Frequent Headaches
- Misalignments in the neck and upper back are often the cause of chronic headaches. Many migraine sufferers have reported a decrease in episodes with the implementation of chiropractic care.
- Sitting for Most of the Day
- Recent studies have suggested that sitting for extended periods of time may be as bad for your health as smoking. Sitting all day can result in poor posture and added pressure on your back and neck, resulting in alignment issues, as well as back and neck pain. Chiropractors can release that added tension caused from sitting in one spot all day.
- A Recent Accident or Injury
- Much of the damage from accidents or sports-related injuries may not be immediately noticed. Even seemingly minor accidents can cause serious damage to your body, and a chiropractor is trained to detect and remedy these injuries.
- You Have an Active Lifestyle
- Especially if you’re the “weekend warrior” type, it’s likely that your body takes a bit of a beating. To ensure that you’re able to maintain this active lifestyle for years to come, regularly scheduled chiropractic visits are highly recommended.
- Sharp Pains, Weakness or Numbness
- A sharp pain down the outside of your leg or weakness or numbness in your extremities can signal a slipped disc or a pinched nerve. Chiropractic adjustments can help alleviate the pressure that is frequently at the root of these symptoms.
- Poor Range of Motion
- If you’ve been noticing lately that you can’t reach your toes or look behind you like you used to, it may be time to enlist the help of a chiropractor. Regular adjustments can help improve flexibility and range of motion.
The chiropractor at Wignall-Kennedy Chiropractic Clinic has the experience and knowledge to address your needs. Visit us online or call 414-257-2575 today.